Cottonwood Little League

 The next big chapter to my softball journey was when I moved to Cottonwood, CA I joined the Cottonwood Little League team. That is when I met the girls that I continued playing with until I graduated high school. My Coach, Willie Church coached me all the way from 9u little league to my senior year of high school. 

This team was a small group of girls with big hearts out of the small town of Cottonwood.  It took two tryouts just to have enough girls to make a team. The first tryout only 6 girls showed up. So we obviously had to have a second one where 4 more came out. So now we have a team! 

 We played some mean softball. In 2016, We won tournament of champions. We then won the district championship which advanced us to state. We won the District 1 Championship tournament undefeated advancing us to the California Northstate Regional 8-10 year old tournament July 2/3. 

That weekend we sustained just one loss and advanced to the Championship Playoffs July 9/10. At this tournament we finished in 2nd place and because just 1 or 2 Northern California teams to move on to the 8-10 division California State Tournament in Sacramento, Ca. 

In 2016, We won tournament of champions. We then won the district championship which advanced us to state. 

This was the same group of girls in 2018 during our very last little league game together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Softball Journey

Back Injury