College Softball

 College Softball


A few months before I graduated, the Feather River College softball coach was coming to my high school games. He texted and called me wanting me to come tour the college and play for him after I graduated. I was so excited to go tour this college.

 Right before I toured Feather River, Butte College softball coach called me. She wanted me to come check it out and play for them. Her and her husband who is the assistant coach would come watch my high school games as well. 
I wanted to keep my options open so I planned on touring both. I drove out to Quincy, it was a beautiful drive. The town was tiny. I was not sure if that is where I wanted to be for two years though. I would not be able to get through the snow in the winter time to see my family. The weight room was super old and they used another gym off campus because there's didn't have much. It was a cute town but did not feel like home to me.

Then, I went and took a tour at Butte College. It was exactly what I was looking for. The field was gorgeous and about to get redone into a brand new field. Everyone was out there practicing having a good time.  But, what sold the deal for me was the second I walked into the weight room.  A team was in there working out with the music playing and the workouts posted on the tv's in there. It gave me the chills immediately. I wanted to be in there so bad.

I gave myself some time to think and really weigh everything out. But when it came down to it I knew the whole time I wanted to be at Butte. Now, here I am at Butte College playing softball. I am loving it so far. I have made great relationships with the girls on my team and my coaches. I enjoy going to weights and practice everyday. I am super appreciative of our weight room and our coach in there. We just got done with our pre-season and are about to start up our season in January. I am very excited to see what this season holds for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cottonwood Little League

My Softball Journey

Back Injury