Highschool Continued

 Highschool Continued


During my back injury I was not sure if I was going to get to finish my high school seasons. Even though I was feeling so much better after seeing that doctor for a few months I was just super scared to reinflame it or injure it again. After lots of convincing from my coach I decided why not give it a try. As soon as it started hurting again I was going to stop playing immediately because I can not go through that ever again. I felt great getting back into it. My back felt great and I was ready to play again. 


My junior year was a full season with no covid constrictions. We got first in league going 14-1. We almost went to state but came up just short in sections loosing the semi-final game. We were a very good team our seniors just were not in it anymore. We came out dead and never really got going. Us juniors going into our senior year took that fight with us though. We wanted it next year. 
My senior season was unforgettable. With three starting freshman got first in league again going 13-2. We won the section championship as well, to advance to state. We were on a roll. We only got to play in one state game because we lost 3-2 in a very close game. We were up 2-0 the whole game until the last inning when a few errors were made, they started a rally then, came back and won. It was the end to a big milestone in my life. All six of us seniors had been playing together since we were nine years old. My high school coach was also our coach since we were all playing together. Coach Willie and I have gone to state twice together now. I got softball player of the year and he got coach of the year for Northern California.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cottonwood Little League

My Softball Journey

Back Injury